Great things start from small beginnings. Familiar huh? And yes you read it right, this article is about losing weight and not some advice on reaching your dreams. But hey, isn’t losing weight something that people try to achieve? And while some people think that making huge changes in their lifestyle can help them reach their weight loss goals, it’s an unfortunate truth that most of them just ends up failing in doing so. So how come?
Well, it’s called “lifestyle” because it’s something that you’ve learned to live doing. A sudden or abrupt change can make you feel exhausted (especially doing daily exercise of doing nothing before) just by the fact that you have to convince yourself all the time not to do something that’s new to you. The best thing that you can do if you want to lose weight effectively, without letting your body feel being pushed too much, is by making some small changes or doing some small things but can have a big difference on your condition.
1. Try having “chunky” soup for lunch. If you want to lessen your food intake, don’t just cut down on food groups all at once. Instead, you can have some chunky soup before your actual meal. Studies have shown that doing so can make a person eat less which means fewer calories taken in. By chunky I mean with diced and not pureed vegetables as this can help you feel full for a longer period of time.
2. If you want to have some pizza, just blot the grease. I know some people just can’t live without having a pizza for a week (I know I am), well, there’s nothing wrong with that as long as you don’t finish the whole box. But seriously, to make it a little less sinful you can blot the grease first before taking a bite. Some may think it’s silly but believe it or not, that can save you from ingesting 4 grams of fat and that’s already huge.
3. Sprint for a change. It’s a good idea to run for about an hour every day or even every other day, but if you want to get more from your one hour run try to alternate sprint with your jogging. It wouldn’t be that hard, and because it can pump your heart faster (then slower) it can increase the calorie-burning process for you.
4. Opting for small food packages. Sure, buying bigger packs can help you save, but you also end up finishing that big package of food (I know, it’s wrong to waste food) which can end up increasing your numbers on a weighing scale. So, buy food in small packages instead to save yourself from overeating.
5. Have some melon. Cantaloupe and watermelon are fruits that are rich in fiber and water content. (Talking about hitting two birds with one stone, these two fruits is a good example.)
6. Have your artichoke. It goes well with butter but having it with just a lemon squeeze or some light sauce is also something, not to mention less fattening.
7. Try doing your laundry. Believe it or not, doing your laundry can actually burn more than 60-calories in your body.